With the last stitch taken and the last button sewn on, the last day of July seemed a perfect time to give the Wild Jacket a trial run. Of course, a jacket was not needed on this morning, nor on any morning of this hot summer month, so it was good to have a handy place to leave it along the way.
Later, when Millie and I went back to get it, we took a hanger for another picture. The fit is good, and I love the full loose sleeves, which are perfect for a trail jacket.
I have black walnuts on hand, so I will be getting the dye pot ready soon. Hopefully, the color will turn out somewhat like Willow's jacket in the picture below. I will post a few more pictures of this doll and her clothes over on my other blog, the link for which can be found in the sidebar above.