Tuesday, March 10, 2020

As new flowers begin to bloom...






As new flowers begin to bloom (Or. are they weeds?), we are still enjoying a bit of color from last year's flowers which I dried when the first frost was knocking on our door  The blues are the best, and, no doubt, my favorites.




The 2020 Spring Hummingbird Migration Map is already showing sightings right here in our neck of the woods.   Wow, and so early!  When, I saw that, I rushed right in and made a big batch of sweet nectar.  Now, come on little Hummers!  We are ready!







I continue to spend any time I can dabbing clay or pulling weeds, and, believe it or not, am making some progress on both counts.  I have given all the dolls eyes now, so they continually seem to be watching me.  They all have their own little personalities, as I knew they would.  I love them all.  However, they have left me such little time for working with needle, thread and cloth, but yet, I have managed a little each day and have one little dress to show for it.  The cloth it is made from was a gift from a dear friend.  Thank you Lil' Red Hen!






All winter long, I have admired the jigsaw puzzles that several of you have put together while the cold winds blew and the snow came down all around.  (While we had almost none.)  Often times, I have winced when I thought of those beautiful pictures being taken apart and put away for who knows how long.  Well...Take a look at this!

One thousands pieces.  Glued down and framed.  But, not by me.  I found it a couple of weeks ago at my favorite Antiques and Collectibles Mall.  I didn't buy it that day, but all that week I kept thinking about it and remembering those wonderful rich colors.  And, I had just the perfect spot for it.  The next week I brought it home!  But, I do hope the bear was not harmed!  Or the ranger, either!













Thanks for stopping by!  Take care!

Mary





23 comments:

Kim Sharman said...

I would imagine there will be a lot of weed pulling in your neck of the woods, with spring knocking on your door. I am looking forward to seeing your sweet dolls with each unique personality. How fabulous the hummingbirds are once again visiting you.....oh such bliss.

Leigh said...

Beautifully subtle colors in your flowers. Love that. I'm impressed with the puzzle too. I used to enjoy puzzles, but Dan isn't interested so I don't do them any more!

Prims By The Water said...

I did not know there was a hummingbird map...will have to check that out. Thanks for sharing! Janice

Granny Marigold said...

Friends who do a lot of jigsaw puzzles will sometimes glue favourite ones onto a backing. Unfortunately I can't see well enough to do puzzles any more. We used to do them in the winter ( who has time in summer?).
I wonder what's up with my computer ( or is it blogger that's the problem?) Yours is the third blog that I've had trouble seeing the posted pictures. I can't see the third pic which I'm thinking was the little dress you sewed.

lil red hen said...

The buttercups have been so pretty this spring. The farmer brought some to me one evening; he had gathered them from the "old house".
The fabric certainly made up into a beautiful little dress! So glad you could use it. The puzzle does fit right in with your decor.

Rose said...

I am glad you got the puzzle picture....I hope it stays together for a LONG time.

About the flowers, do you gather then and hang them upside down to dry? I have never really thought about doing it. But it would be something to do.

I am getting anxious to see the dolls.

happyone said...

A bit early for weeding here yet but I could start picking up all the dead fall from the winter and adding it to my fence.

I've kept and glued to our of jigsaw puzzles. One of birds and one of cows.

nookworm said...

I only kept a few Seedum blossoms and they have survived the winter cold and winds on the front porch in an old fruit basket weighed down with a large rock. No puzzle making here - no room for setting up a table. I do like to see finished results though, and admire the ones who persistently put them together to completion. Now I must say I'm not seeing one of your images and the icon is "broken." I think it must be of the material for the dolls.

jenclair said...

I think we are actually heading into early summer here in Louisiana. Even the mosquitoes have now appeared. Spring weeds are growing faster than I can do anything about them! Can't see the third picture of the new dress. :(

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Dolls have demanding little personalities don't they. Looking forward to seeing what they tell you to do! I love that first photo - wish I could create that wonderful wood texture in my landscapes!!

Rose said...

I totally forgot to comment on the dress....it is adorable.

Sam I Am...... said...

I better get my feeder out for the hummers! Flowers are blooming here and the trees. I love your dried flowers and the dress you sewed is precious! I love the puzzle you bought! Very cool!

nookworm said...

Today your sweet doll dress appeared and it is really nice! I l love it!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Your flowers are lovely and the dress is so pretty.
It's so nice to have the hobby of doing jigsaw puzzles.

Happy Spring!

Henny Penny said...

That doll dress is amazing. It is so beautiful! And, that framed puzzle! I can see why you went back for it. It looks perfect there. I love it! Isn't it exciting that spring is so close? Sometimes I feel like I can't wait another minute. :)

Hootin Anni said...

I am back from my spring break hiatus. Erik is back in Houston & first thing I'm doing is catching up on blogging buddies! First, Love the doll dress...purple!! And your framed work of art is awesome (even the weathered wooden frame). Your flower images are wonderful!

acorn hollow said...

We are still snow covered so there is no weeds to pull here. At this point I am just getting out for brisk walks and trying to clean my house of the winter dust.
thank you for your sweet visit to my blog.
Cathy

Jean Tuthill said...

Love the puzzle, so perfect for your decor. I bought one last winter and have yet to put it together, or even open the box. Mine is of angels, very pretty. I worked on my postage stamp quilt a lot. Have the binding to sew on it yet, but hope to get to it soon. Hope you are well. Can't wait to see the dolls and the dress is so pretty . One will look awesome in it. Love the style of it! Take care!

Bonnie K said...

I love the puzzle picture. You have been keeping busy. I like getting on top of the weeding in the early spring. It makes a difference. I love the little dress. Thanks for sharing.

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Hi Mary! Another lovely post. I always enjoy visiting you. The dress is so pretty! I'm looking forward to seeing your dolls finished. Happy Spring!
Blessings!
~Carolyn

Julie said...

Your dolls dress is so gorgeous Mary. And that jigsaw picture you have bought .... Oh MY!! I think that would have had to come home with me also!! Wishing you a lovely week Mary - thanks for your visit to my blog. Julie xx

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Sweet little dress and what a wonderful find with the puzzle! Stay safe and well!

Hootin Anni said...

Been concerned about you...you haven't posted in nearly a month...hope you are okay (just busy?)