Saturday, January 30, 2021

February, here we come...


 


This morning, Millie and I were almost to the pond when the first raindrops began to pitter pat on our umbrella.  Not long after, but after we had made our way back home, a steady rain began to fall.   I do love a rainy day....(set that to an old Eddie Rabbit tune)

Why, it was only yesterday that the sky was breathtakingly blue.  We all loved that too!  Yes, that's January.  She just can't make up her mind, it seems.  We have, in fact, been in favor of most of her choices in weather this year ~ no snow (even though just a tad for a pretty picture or two would have been nice) and no single digit temperatures.  Now, I can't help wondering what February has in mind...  

  





When cleaning January's pictures off my cell phone, I thought these pictures of the cattle on the horizon were too good to throw away .  I really like the one of the tractor and couldn't help think how much it looks like a toy.  Really, the cattle do too...just like little plastic cows.   My little brother and I would have loved these.















And, how about today's sunset which was also taken with my phone?  For years, I have carried my big old Cannon Rebel around my neck all over these hillsides, but these days, what's the use when there's a phone right inside my jacket pocket. 






Until next time,

Mary





17 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

We had hoarfrost this morning. Just beautiful! Janice

acorn hollow said...

It had been pretty mild here also that was until this week. We have been very cold and getting colder tonight. and a snow storm in the forecast.
cathy

kathyinozarks said...

Good evening, I am up because I can't sleep when it's windy. wow your pond photos look just like a couple of our ponds at the woods house. Love seeing cattle in the fields.
we had at least 8-10 hours of rain today that's allot of rain glad it wasn't snow. lovely sunset too-Happy Sunday

Debra said...

Beautiful photos. Our weather has been a bit strange for January-not much snow, when we're used to getting many inches. Not too cold, as winters go-it's been mostly in the 30's. Just this weekend it has been under 20 degrees-so Sam had to stay inside. We put a radio on so she wouldn't feel antsy about not being out. She loved it!

Rose said...

I so love the photos. Love the cows. Our weather has been all over the place. We had a bit of snow yesterday evening, followed by rain that washed it all away.

mamasmercantile said...

What a joy to visit your blog and admire the beauty that surrounds you. The cattle and that beautiful sunset is a real delight.

Hootin Anni said...

Extraordinary beauty!

Hildred said...

A picture worth a thousand words - yours are wonderful, and your words so descriptive! I don't think I've seen a blue sky since December, and I am hoping that February will herald spring.....

Hildred said...

My comment disappeared into the wild blue yonder - or under some drear cloud, but I just wanted to say thanks for your great pictures, - and your words.

nookworm said...

I actually feel the air and space when I look at your wonderful pictures. How wonderful to be able to walk in that area! Snow here now - much more to come. It's winter - still....

Inger said...

Love all the pictures. Great shots of the cattle marching in line. I too am only using my phone for pictures now. Not sure I'm all that happy with the results. On my blog I mix them up with old photos in blogger that no one remembers any longer. I have a good camera, but it's heavy too, need to hang it around my neck.

Henny Penny said...

Oh, I'm so glad you didn't delete the pictures. The pictures are wonderful! I love all of them! You have such a beautiful place. The reflection in the pond is breathtaking. I've been hinting around to Poppy about a teeny tiny potting shed. Just got to show him the Shanty! I would settle for any little building right now...that has a roof. :)

Megan Schetsche said...

Awesome photos!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love that little calf kicking up his heels! And both of those water photos would be wonderful turned into a fabric landscape.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Beautiful pictures Mary! I love the horizon with the cows on it, and also the picture you took at dark of the house with the light on, so pretty! I too, used to carry my big camera everywhere, but now, mostly just use my phone camera. Amazing how technology changes! And it looks like we are going to have a fickle February here too. We have hardly no snow on the ground! Many blessings to you :)

jenclair said...

We've really had hardly any winter, but the days swing back and forth to almost spring and back again. Love the photos of the cows against the horizon, Mary. Made me think of Thomas Gray's Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard.

The curfew tolls the knell of parting day,
The lowing herd wind slowly o'er the lea,
The plowman homeward plods his weary way,
And leaves the world to darkness and to me.

kat said...

How lovely to have such a beautiful landscape to move through.