Tuesday, May 25, 2021

A Rainy Day and a New Blog...





The more I thought about it, the more  it seemed that the dolls and sewing projects should have a room of their own...thus Linnie Butts and Company came into being. and just like that I now have two blogs!  ~~~ a little hidden attic corner where dolls and all things cloth can be...  It's another rainy day here, so a good day to be playing in the attic room.  

Attic toys in great profusion
Lying here in strange confusion
Cut into the memory, like a knife
Smiling dolls and faded cotton
Dusty world I had forgotten
Tell again the story of my life.

~Nana Mouskouri, "Attic Toys"

   I hadn't planned on being here again until the cast was off my arm and hand, but after yesterday's appointment with the doctor, there was a bit of good news to tell.  He modified the cast just a little so  that I now have more mobility with my thumb.  I also bought new scissors that have spring-action design which, along with my newly liberated thumb, is going to allow me to cut fabric three weeks sooner than I thought.  I am so excited!  He was adamant, though, that I should continue to wear the cast for another three weeks.

Mary

 

 

13 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

We need the rain hers. Good luck with your new blog. I have enough time just for one...Janice

Hill Top Post said...

thank you, Sandra. Well, I kind of had some time on my good one hand, and had been thinking about doing this for a while. Thank you for following along. At least you are beginning to get some rain. Hopefully more will follow. Are you expecting a freeze tonight?

Hill Top Post said...

I know! And, I already spend too much time blogging, but I do enjoy it.

Quilting Babcia said...

So good to hear about your healing progress! We could use some of that rain you're having, it's very dry here.

kathyinozarks said...

Awesome news Mary, I was wondering if you wee getting lots of rain too
Loving the kitty silouette-hugs

Lady Locust said...

Have fun with the new blog~ will go check it out momentarily.
And yay! You have thumb movement. I know how frustrating it can be being single handed.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh hooray! Good news about your hand - I'm happy that it's progressing quicker than expected. And I'm excited about your new blog and have already entered it in my feed so I don't miss anything. You know I love your amazing dolls!!!

Debra said...

Your new blog is good news, as is your revised cast! You will soon be free of it, and I bet you can't wait!

nookworm said...

Love! Love your new header here! So happy that you are able to move better and am excited about your new blog. I already peeked at it a couple of days ago. Carry on - Be careful - be happier!

Olde Dame Holly said...

Great news about your modified cast and those spring-action scissors. I had not even thought of such a thing. Looking forward to following your doll blog. I love that poem about the Attic Toys. It really speaks to me; before moving from Arkansas as a child, our house there had a fully finished attic and I had forgotten those hours playing there.

happyone said...

That sure looks like a lot of rain.
Good news about your cast!!

Granny Marigold said...

Exciting to have another blog just for Linnie and friends!!

Megan Schetsche said...

It is raining here this morning. In winter, it's very unusual and grey, just the right weather to read your lovely post. I'm eagerly following the new one!
Although I'm a fan of Nana Mouskouri I don't know this song or maybe I just never listened to the words. I just found it and am listening. I recently read an article about Nana M's life. I didn't know that she's also a political activist and has done much to help to improve the life of ordinary people. Just another reason to like her music!